All American Beef Pot Roast In The Slow Cooker
Both of us are pretty busy on Sundays. Between Church and family obligations it’s hard to find the time to cook.
We still like to sit down for a nice Sunday dinner though.
Slow cookers make it possible for us to come home to a nice home-cooked meal at the end of a busy day. Get the breadmaker started in the morning or whip up a batch of biscuits when you get home and dinner is done. Or if you’re feeling ambitious, some roasted carrots go really well with this one pot slow cooker meal.
Slowcooker Beef Pot Roast
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Put oil in cast iron skillet, salt and pepper roast, and brown over medium heat, turning to brown all sides of roast.
- Remove roast to platter and turn heat to low under skillet.
- In same skillet mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, and water and stir to mix and get browned bits off bottom.
- Pour 1/2 mixture from skillet into crockpot, then lay roast in.
- Pour remaining mixture from skillet over the top of roast.
- Arrange potatoes around the roast in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until roast falls apart and potatoes are tender.