Slow Cooker Mock Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza? But what do you do when you have a family member that can’t eat gluten, or if you’re trying to cut out carbs to lose some weight? You dig out your slow cooker and make up a batch of this delicious “pizza”. It’s all the yummy flavors you love without the crust (and thus gluten and carbs).
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (15 oz) favorite no-sugar-added pizza sauce
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 12 slices good pepperoni
- 1 cup sliced ripe or green olives
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Brown the ground meat first in a separate skillet, add the pizza sauce and stir to combine.
- Put 1/2 of the meat-sauce into the crockpot, followed by 1/2 the fresh spinach, 1/2 the pepperoni, 1/2 of the olives, 1/2 of the mushrooms, 1/2 the onion, and 1/2 the Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers using up the remaining ingredients, ending with the Mozzarella cheese covering the top.
- Put the crockpot setting on LOW, cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Will serve 6 to 8.